Dear Mustang Family:
The health and safety of our students, staff, and everyone in the WES family is our top priority. Given the recent increase in positive COVID-19 cases, in conjunction with staff and students in quarantine, we have reached a point that requires all Elementary students to transition to the Hybrid Learning Model.
Tomorrow, December 9th no students will be on campus. The Elementary School staff will utilize this day to prepare lessons for the remainder of the second nine weeks. We will re-evaluate our current situation over winter break and make a determination of when it will be safe to return to five-day-a-week in person learning. The Elementary School Hybrid schedule will be presented just as it was at the beginning of the school year. Pre-school will remain on their current schedule. If you made a request to be in a different group in the fall, that request will still be granted.
- December 10 and 11- Group B (last name N-Z, unless you requested a different group) in person learning at Westfall Elementary
- December 14 and 15- Group A (last name A-M, unless you requested a different group) in person learning at Westfall Elementary
- December 17 and 18- Group B (last name N-Z, unless you requested a different group) in person learning at Westfall Elementary
It is up to all of us to help keep our school community safe and healthy. Please remember to follow these important “Core Four” actions to prevent COVID-19 transmission:
- Stay home if sick: Monitor your child’s health and keep them home if they are sick.
- Physical distancing: Stay at least 6 feet away from people who are not members of your household.
- Wear a face covering: Protect those around you. Wearing a face covering helps reduce the spread of COVID-19, especially if you are sick and do not have symptoms.
- Practice healthy hand hygiene: Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available; clean frequently touched surfaces regularly; avoid touching your face with unwashed hands; and cover your cough or sneeze with your arm, not your hands.
Thank you for your cooperation. The health and safety of our students and staff will always come first in our school building, no matter what. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.
Joseph Patete, Principal